VideoStreamGetFrameOpen exception

Nov 1, 2007 at 6:43 PM
Hello,

I believe I set up everything to the specifications you have listed, but for some reason when I try to process an AVI video file, it throws the following exception:

Building content threw Exception: Exception in VideoStreamGetFrameOpen!
at Scurvy.Media.Avi.AviVideoStream.GetFrameOpen()
at Scurvy.Media.Pipeline.AviImporterBgr565.Initialize(String filename)
at Scurvy.Media.Pipeline.VideoImporter`1.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.ContentImporter`1.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.IContentImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.ImportAssetDirectly(BuildItem item, String importerName)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.ImportAsset(BuildItem item)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAssetWorker(BuildItem item)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAsset(BuildItem item)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.RunTheBuild()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Tasks.BuildContent.RemoteProxy.RunTheBuild(BuildCoordinatorSettings settings, TimestampCache timestampCache, ITaskItem[] sourceAssets, String[]& outputContent, String[]& rebuiltContent, String[]& intermediates, Dictionary`2& dependencyTimestamps, KeyValuePair`2[]& warnings)

I've tried it on 2 different AVI files, neither of which worked. I'd appreciate any help you can give me, thanks!
Coordinator
Nov 2, 2007 at 1:32 AM
well, this might sound like a dumb question, but can you play the AVIs in windows media player? the reason I ask is because for this library to work, your computer has to have the right codec installed to decode the video stream.

If you can successfully play the videos, then I'd ask how are the AVIs being created? perhaps that will give us a clue to figure it out :-)
Nov 2, 2007 at 2:47 PM
I did download and install the codec for AVIs in WMP, and it does play in that. Not sure if it makes a difference, but both AVIs contain sound. One was created with a digital camera (I think), and the other was installed in the Windows folder, apparently when Windows itself was installed, so not sure how that one was created. The first is 112 kbps, the other 8 kbps. If you'd like, I can try to dig up another AVI to try, hopefully with no sound. Or if you have one that definitely works, I'd be willing to try that.

I'm fairly new to working with AVIs, so believe me there are no dumb questions =P Thanks in advance!
Nov 9, 2007 at 2:01 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem. Maybe i can send you a video. If you can test it.
Coordinator
Nov 9, 2007 at 9:54 PM
yeah, it would be helpful so I can try to debug the issue. can you send the video to joelmartinez {@) gmail <.> com
Nov 13, 2007 at 1:15 PM
I could play the video with media player but not with Scurvy. But I installed another codec and now it works fine. Thanks anyway.
Nov 13, 2007 at 2:44 PM
jdarias, could you by any chance post a link to the codec you got it to work with? I'd appreciate it, thanks!
Nov 13, 2007 at 3:35 PM
I can send you by mail.
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2007 at 6:14 PM
I always just install the Combined Community Codec Pack on any computer I work with:
http://www.cccp-project.net/