Exception in VideoStreamGetFrameOpen

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:09 AM
As I posted on anorher thread (http://www.codeplex.com/ScurvyMedia/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=22935) I'm trying the lib with a some videos. The most current compile time error is:

Error 1 Building content threw Exception: Exception in VideoStreamGetFrameOpen!
en Scurvy.Media.Avi.AviVideoStream.GetFrameOpen() en C:\Dev\codeplex\ScurvyMedia\Scurvy.Media\Scurvy.Media.Pipeline\Video\Avi\AviVideoStream.cs:línea 439
en Scurvy.Media.Pipeline.Video.Avi.AviVideoContent.<getFrames>d_0.MoveNext() en C:\Dev\codeplex\ScurvyMedia\Scurvy.Media\Scurvy.Media.Pipeline\Video\Avi\AviVideoContent.cs:línea 42
en Scurvy.Media.Pipeline.Video.VidContentWriter`1.Write(ContentWriter output, T value) en C:\Dev\codeplex\ScurvyMedia\Scurvy.Media\Scurvy.Media.Pipeline\Video\VidContentWriter.cs:línea 20
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Serialization.Compiler.ContentTypeWriter`1.Write(ContentWriter output, Object value)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Serialization.Compiler.ContentWriter.InvokeWriterT(T value, ContentTypeWriter writer)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Serialization.Compiler.ContentWriter.WriteObjectT(T value)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Serialization.Compiler.ContentCompiler.Compile(Stream output, Object value, TargetPlatform targetPlatform, String rootDirectory, String referenceRelocationPath)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.SerializeOutputAsset(BuildItem item, Object assetData, String outputFilename)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.SerializeAsset(BuildItem item, Object assetData)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAssetWorker(BuildItem item)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAsset(BuildItem item)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.RunTheBuild()
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Tasks.BuildContent.RemoteProxy.RunTheBuild(BuildCoordinatorSettings settings, TimestampCache timestampCache, ITaskItem[] sourceAssets, String[]& outputContent, String[]& rebuiltContent, String[]& intermediates, Dictionary`2& dependencyTimestamps, KeyValuePair`2[]& warnings) C:\PROJECTES\VISUAL STUDIO\VJPlayer\VJPlayer\Content\vid.avi VJPlayer

I KNOW, this subject has been discussed so far, but as far as I've seen, there's no solution on this Discussion list. On the other hand, there's been new releases since the last post about this topic, so I think this worth a new Thread.

I've installed codecs from cccp-project.net, avi is playing correctly in media player and in cccp's player, and it's still throwinf this exception...

Any suggestion?
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2008 at 9:42 AM
Would you mind sending me the video so I can try/debug locally? you can send it to joelmartinez@gmail.com
Coordinator
May 2, 2008 at 2:59 PM
you know what, I think I figured out what the problem is. Currently, the .avi file that you add to the project must be writable. Please check to see whether the file has the readonly flag enabled, and if so, remove it and try it again.
May 15, 2008 at 1:16 PM
Edited May 15, 2008 at 1:17 PM
hi, i'm having the same problem and i believe it's caused by the way the avi file is compressed..
The reason why i think that is because the avi file i recorded with my digital camera aren't working with scurvy but something i record with FRAPS (which has no compression at all) works just fine... the problem is ofcourse that without any compression you have huge avi files.. the FRAPS recorded avi was only 1 sec long and already is 800Kb..

Can i ask what kind of compression is used on the avi file that is included in the sample project?

thx in advance

greetz,
Icaobus

edit: ow and i already checked if the avi isn't read only and i also used several codecs