NotSupportedException

Mar 31, 2009 at 8:22 AM
Hi,
Ive integrated Scurvy into a game engine, and this works fine on windows, but the Xbox 360 won´t run.
It deploys but throws a NotSupportedException during runtime. I downloaded the latest source  code and tried to
run the Xbox 360 Video sample (XGS 3.0 version) on the Xbox but it crashes on the same place. Do I have to change anything
to the sample to get it running on the Xbox? Any hints? The exception occurs in VideoStreamer.cs, please see 
exception details below:

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll

Additional information: NotSupportedException"

at

public VideoStreamer(Stream stream)
        {
            _stream = stream;
 ->           StreamBeginIndex = stream.Position;
            reader = new BinaryReader(stream);
        }
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2009 at 1:47 PM
just wanted to let you know that I wasn't ignoring you ... apologies for the delay on responding to this.  I will be taking a further look into this issue in the near future.
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2009 at 1:49 PM
oh, you know what just hit me?  can you verify that you're using a VideoContentManager to load the video instead of just a regular ContentManager?  The reason this is important is because the VideoContentManager hooks into the content loading process and tricks the file stream into staying open.  From the error location you noted above, it looks like the file stream isn't available to report its current position.

Let me know, thanks!
Apr 3, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Yeah, it´s using the VideoManager. How strange. Are you able to run the Xbox 360 sample

from the source on the Xbox without any problems?

Sent: den 3 april 2009 15:50
To: tb2mist@student.chalmers.se
Subject: Re: NotSupportedException [ScurvyMedia:51796]

oh, you know what just hit me? can you verify that you're using a VideoContentManager to load the video instead of just a regular ContentManager? The reason this is important is because the VideoContentManager hooks into the content loading process and tricks the file stream into staying open. From the error location you noted above, it looks like the file stream isn't available to report its current position.

Let me know, thanks!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ScurvyMedia@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ScurvyMedia@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com